Re: marbled paper/chalk

From: Ann Heineman (aheinema-state.edu)
Date: Sat May 27 2000 - 03:57:12 PDT

    We have used this chalk method for years and are very satisfied with the
    results. We use the large mural type chalk, which seems to have a high oil
    content. That seems to be the necessary ingredient that keeps the chalk
    powder floating on top of the water. After scraping the chalk with tongue
    depressers, the students gently swirl the powder in the water, then lay the
    paper on top.Some colors work better than others in producing a marbled
    effect. The results are very durable for elementary level use. The children
    love doing this process!

            Ann-on-y-mouse in Columbus

     One scrapes chalk powder onto the surface of water and then lays the
    |paper on top and the chalk is picked up. Do not know about the durability of
    |this

    Ann Heineman.....aheinema-state.edu
    Greensview School....Upper Arlington City Schools
    (614)487-5050 ... Voice Mail 487-6456 Box 522

    ---