Re: marbled paper- wasted acrylic paint

From: Rdunkelart
Date: Sat May 27 2000 - 06:29:33 PDT

    In a message dated 5/27/00 8:17:08 AM Central Daylight Time,
    nredfern writes:

    << The students generally used too much paint and alot sank
     to the bottom of the bin. Any suggestions for applying the paint. Anyone
     try something different? Spray bottle with thinned down paint? (I can
     just see my students with spray bottles!)

    I saw chalk marbleizing at an MAEA convention in Missoouri - the company's
    name escapes me - said only their chalk would work but I've tried it with
    other
    chalks. One scrapes chalk powder onto the surface of water and then lays the
    paper on top and the chalk is picked up. Do not know about the durability of
    this
    as compared to acrylic but for something that isn;t being used like a bookmark
    it might be the answer to a cheap project. Was going to do this with my kids
    this year but somehow didn;t get there. Worth the experiment. Roberta

    ---