marbled paper- wasted acrylic paint

From: FRANCIS REDFERN (nredfern)
Date: Sat May 27 2000 - 06:12:20 PDT

    We are just finishing making bookmarks out of marbled paper. There was
    alot of acrylic paint wasted. We used starch and squirted paint on top
    of the starch. The students generally used too much paint and alot sank
    to the bottom of the bin. Any suggestions for applying the paint. Anyone
    try something different? Spray bottle with thinned down paint? (I can
    just see my students with spray bottles!)

    But - the whole project was good - about a three day lesson. Marbling
    the first day, making bookmarks the second and making tassels out of
    crochet string the third day. The students were pleased with the outcome
    and left with a neat gift for someone.

    Nora

    ---