Re: sketchbook motivation

From: Tom Johnsen (koordt)
Date: Sat May 27 2000 - 06:13:11 PDT

    Quite the best, most lucid, direct elucidation of the value of the personal
    sketchbook I've found.

    Sometimes we defeat ourselves in our attempt to win the hearts and willing
    assent of our students. Such a howl goes up about sketchbooks and "real"
    assignments. I'm going back, starting off with September. It is dictation, it
    is personal, it is a record of emotion, as well as notes for projects, and the
    quickening of the eye.

    Great sketchbook!

    Tom in Potter