Re: sketchbooks/what kind?

From: John Kupcinski (jckup)
Date: Fri May 26 2000 - 22:49:50 PDT

    Hi everyone:

    I know on past threads about sketchbooks we've discussed having students
    make their own, but my question is (for middle and high school levels):

    Does your school provide sketchbooks, or do students buy their own?
    If provided -- what kind/brand/quality (of paper) do you purchase?

    The school I am in has provided sketchbooks for the students. They
    purchase the cheapest kind -- newsprint quality of paper. Yuck -- I really
    dislike it. I doubt if I would put much effort into drawing, given the
    paper quality.

    In the future, I'd like to recommend something else for the students -- any
    suggestions (keeping in mind the economy factor)?

    Cheryl

    ---