Re: nyc advice

From: RB7Surf7
Date: Fri May 26 2000 - 20:13:46 PDT

    hi Paulette
    Be careful what your doing.
    NYC is very rough, especially the bronx, most people don't last two year. for
    the abuse you have to put up with and the disrespect of the children along
    with cowardly principals, the pay isn't worth it.
    To work in the suburbs you have to have three years experience in the city or
    parochial schools which pay in the low 20's. that includes Westchester.
    Yonkers however is in westchester, and it is just a step above the city as
    far as pay, but the kids are rotten and the superintendent is evil and
    terrible. I just resigned after three years in Yonkers and I am heading for
    the South. By the way if you are tyeaching art in NYC, don't expect supplies
    or a room, you will be a cluster teacher.
    write back if you want to hear more
    RB

    ---