Re: sketchbook motivation

From: NMoore9017
Date: Fri May 26 2000 - 19:50:36 PDT

    Jeannie,
        I'm interested in your 8 sketchbook assignments. For the past several
    years I've given Weekly Sketch assignments to all of my middle schoolers. In
    6th Grade we focus on contour drawings, in 7th Grade we work with shading and
    in 8th Grade, they learn how to shade using stippling, hatching and
    cross-hatching. I have given due dates for four sketches per 36 day
    rotation, but found this year I am constantly grading trillions of sketches
    in addition to their projects. It really got me bogged down this last
    rotation. Do you grade the sketches? And if they turn them in late, do you
    give them full credit?

    Nina

    ---