Re: team teaching--creative writing/ making books--suggestions?

From: NMoore9017
Date: Fri May 26 2000 - 19:33:59 PDT

    A couple of years ago I co-taught a lesson with the Language Arts teacher to
    7th graders. This teacher always taught a unit where the students wrote and
    designed a historical picture book, but that year they got a sub for me and
    I spent one entire day demonstrating just to her classes different techniques
    that they could use when creating their picture book. My demos included
    watercolor techniques, spatter, sponge, etc., collage and it's been a while
    so I can't remember everything I demonstrated. That year the kids really
    took off and did some very creative things. Somewhere in one of my
    "hummocks" I may be able to find the hand-out sheet that I made up for that
    lesson if you're interested.

    Nina

    ---