Re: Introductory remarks

From: The Austin's (whest177)
Date: Fri May 26 2000 - 18:35:00 PDT

    Reminds me of a college creativity assignment (I believe there's one or two
    list members who may remember this one!) We took a video camera and made a
    movie of "life without art". One of my colleague's daughters began the movie
    by looking at a pictureless book, then we were off to her bedroom where we
    taped the room in segments, as if the items in the room were disappearing.
    Soon she was left in a completely bare room. It was pretty inspirational and
    alot of fun.
    Michal

    > An idea which was suggested to me by a retired art teacher I met about a
    > month ago, and which I like because I think it important actively engage
    > people, might be to look around the auditorium, not only at the people in
    > attendance but at the physical setting as well, and ask them, as they look
    > around, where do they NOT see the influence and application of art in one
    > form or another. Clothes, architecture, wall decorations, etc. etc. are
    all
    > possible because of the influence of art.

    ---