Re: sketchbook motivation

From: Jeannie Sandoval (jeannie_sandoval)
Date: Fri May 26 2000 - 14:35:35 PDT

    I guess I am one of those crazy people who LIKE sketchbooks assignments.
    (ACCKK- even in college!)At the beginning of each 6 weeks, I hand out
    sketchbook assignment sheets tailored to each grade level (6-8th gr and very
    broad)and require them to draw at least 4 of the possible 8. Color is even
    optional, but design is important. They have the option of finishing all of
    them for extra credit. It really cuts down on down time since they always
    have something to do in class. Besides giving them sketchbook assignments, I
    also give them a thought of the week (aka. totw) that requires an artistic
    opinion. So, either they do that or the sketchbooks when they finish their
    studio project. That way if anyone walks in, all my kids are always working
    on something. Made for a very successful year.

    I like the idea someone had on displaying the sketchbook assignments- I will
    def try that.
    9 days with kids, 4 days without and counting down until June 15th!Have a
    great day and summer for those of you who have already started your summer
    vacation:)
    jeannie in ga