nyc advice

From: Paulette Keck (tcsfp)
Date: Fri May 26 2000 - 14:13:57 PDT

            well there's only 3 more days! this year has been very difficult for me so
    i'm looking forward to the end. i am excited and occasionally terrified when
    i think of next year however, because i resigned and am leaving the
    middle-of-nowhere in ohio for the middle-of-everything in NYC!!!

            is there anyone who can send me some words of advice on finding a public
    school position? i've sent in everything for my NY state and NYC license
    (art, 7-12), gotten my fingerprints taken, took the state teacher's exam,
    and sent a bunch of resumes to superintendents and individual schools. i
    even visited a middle school art class while i was there for spring break.
    i've noticed that the NY school systems operate somewhat differently than
    here in ohio, and at this point i'm not sure what else to do. whatever
    anyone can tell me will be greatly appreciated.

    thanks! and wish me luck
    paulette

    ps- i sure will miss summer starting at the beginning of june!