sketchbooks

From: Pablo90512
Date: Fri May 26 2000 - 11:55:09 PDT

    I teach at the 5th and 6th grade level.
    Sketchbooks are required.
    They are used for preliminary drawings and reference before they transfer
    onto their good paper. Or....to work on if they finish a project early.
    I also have them take notes in their sketchbooks on anything
    discussed....like an artist, terms or principle....etc. Any handouts I
    give, or worksheets need to be glued in too. It becomes a good reference
    guide.
    I only give them a couple drawing assignments and of course .I have a
    running list of ideas that they can work on if they finish early. Those
    assignments are really open ended. I want to really see creativity.
    I try not to get to hung up on sketchbooks because I too have negative
    feelings about them.
    I do take one sketchbook grade...but it is basically if they have all their
    notes in there and the two sketchbook required assignments.
    Laurie

    ---