Re: sketchbook motivation /semi-long

From: Artemis420
Date: Fri May 26 2000 - 11:38:01 PDT

    In a message dated 5/26/00 7:01:26 AM, Jhirunrtx writes:

    << I teach elementary school k-5. I like to idea of sketchbook assignments
    but
    could use some advice on how to get started. I think I would like my 3-5
    grades to do them >>

    I give them an actual object to draw, like a flower pot or a washing
    machine...something specific they find in the house to eliminate wizard balls
    and pokemons and hearts, balloons, rainbows, etc.
    I am going to use the idea of copying the ones that weren't obviously dashed
    off in 5 min. before school and posting them on the bulletin board, though!
    Peer pressure, nothing quite like it!
    Artie

    ---