Re: Classroom organization question

From: San D Hasselman (kprs)
Date: Fri May 26 2000 - 09:22:45 PDT

    I am able to use unused lockers outside of my art room and yearbook room for
    storage. Our school used to house 1300 students, and now we have only 727, so
    there are unused lockers around the school. I give my advanced students (although
    not this year--but in previous years) their own locker outside of the room to
    store their work, brushes, pencils etc. This year I have a small group so I
    didn't need the extra storage space for them. In terms of yearbook, each
    'section' of the book got a locker, and they kept all of their work in these
    lockers. It worked out fantastically, and we avoided the "whose disk is this, or
    whose pictures are these" because everything was locked away in appropriate
    lockers. When pictures for specific sections came in, we would immediately put
    them in the appropriate lockers, and away from prying eyes, and grubby hands. I
    would recommend to those of you whose school population might have diminished to
    check out the availablity of those empty lockers.

    San D

    ---