Re: Classroom organization question

From: Jeannie Sandoval (jeannie_sandoval)
Date: Fri May 26 2000 - 07:21:58 PDT

    Marsha,
    My old HS art room lacked any storage so I had to make do and get creative.
    At the beginning of the year I gave the kids 2 pieces of posterbaord they
    had to design and color and that would eventually become their portfolios
    (we staples or taped the edges on 3 sides). These portoflios were
    occassionally taken home and thankfully they always lasted despite daily
    wear and tear for the whole year. I bought a posterbaord holder for about
    $35 and that is where they put their portfolios each day. I had the
    custodian hang it on the wall to cut down on floor space (I needed all I
    could get). For the 3-D supplies I bought one of those great drawing
    cabinets with the pull out shelves and assigned 2 kids per drawer and my
    clutter was gone! The cabinet also held my drawing boards, rulers, hummock
    stuff and more. Might be something you may want to check into- the cabinet
    was the best thing I ever had (wish I still had it, but moved on to another
    school with lots of windows!) Hope that helps!
    Jeannie in GA