Re: Introductory remarks

From: Alasann1
Date: Fri May 26 2000 - 07:13:36 PDT

    Maarion- I believe the arts are the lone element that can go with our kids to
    change the quality of their future lives.

    I studied piano for 12 years. I don't play much now and haven't had the piano
    repaired in years, but I know that my life is forever changed because of my
    ear training and exposure to the classics. When I went to Russia, the new
    friends I met liked the same classical music that I did.
    When I taught Japanese children, they had seen many water lilies in their
    parks in Osaka, so the MOnet lesson was delightful to them.
    I could go on and on.
    The arts are a common language for our world community. They are a vocabulary
    that all can speak. And the blessings and improved quality in my life alone
    make it worth
    the while. I feel most strongly about this.

    ---