Re: sketchbook motivation /semi-long

From: Jhirunrtx
Date: Fri May 26 2000 - 07:00:31 PDT

    I teach elementary school k-5. I like to idea of sketchbook assignments but
    could use some advice on how to get started. I think I would like my 3-5
    grades to do them.
    I have two schools, so teach each class about twice a month. I feel they
    need something to keep them thinking until I see them again. I usually do
    one project every six weeks and try to stress elements and principles, but
    time is limited.
    The students make sketchbooks the first class and usually only use them in
    the classroom. Any advice on assignments I could give them for time inbetween
    classes? Janet in Texas

    ---