RE: Introductory remarks

From: Lawrence A. Parker (occti)
Date: Fri May 26 2000 - 06:16:21 PDT

    > Together we can probably write the mother of all statements
    > regarding the value of art education!
    > Marian

    An idea which was suggested to me by a retired art teacher I met about a
    month ago, and which I like because I think it important actively engage
    people, might be to look around the auditorium, not only at the people in
    attendance but at the physical setting as well, and ask them, as they look
    around, where do they NOT see the influence and application of art in one
    form or another. Clothes, architecture, wall decorations, etc. etc. are all
    possible because of the influence of art.

    Larry

    ---