Introductory remarks

From: One of the Colmans (colmans1)
Date: Fri May 26 2000 - 02:52:52 PDT

    Hi everyone,
    I agreed to present all the art awards at our high school next week. Before
    I announce the names of the winners, I want to make a brief, but powerful,
    statement about the importance of the visual arts in our lives. This will
    be my opportunity for a captive audience and I want to make the most of it
    without boring anyone. What would you say to pack the most punch into a few
    lines? I have some ideas but would love to have your input before I compose
    my remarks. Together we can probably write the mother of all statements
    regarding the value of art education!
    Marian

    ---