Re: sketchbook motivation

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz)
Date: Thu May 25 2000 - 22:33:46 PDT

    Bunki Kramer wrote:

    > I'm going to open up a can of worms and mention that I don't like sketchbook
    > assignments. Okay, everyone...jump on Bunki day.

    Well, Bunk, they'll have to get past ME to do it.

    > I know I'm bugging about
    > 95% of you already. The reason I don't is from earlier experiences with them
    > myself in college. I HATED THEM! I was forever doing my sketches in my
    > journals at the 11th hour while grinding teeth.

    I always hated it too. Even so, I used to give my students assignments because I
    felt I "should." Now, we are mandated to give at least 30 minutes of homework each
    week, so I try to tie it into the current assignment, mostly preparatory work.

    Maggie

    ---