Re: sketchbook motivation

From: Holly112
Date: Thu May 25 2000 - 20:56:08 PDT

    In a message dated 05/25/2000 11:10:40 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
    bkramer.us writes:

    << ... I don't like sketchbook
     assignments..... The reason I don't is from earlier experiences with them
     myself in college. I HATED THEM! I was forever doing my sketches in my
     journals at the 11th hour while grinding teeth. I do like to sketch by
     myself when I want, what I want. I don't like assignments...especially those
     where I have to sketch a dream, memory, or something vague. I REALLY dislike
     THAT! I like realism...sketching from something I see. I like to sketch for
     project preparation and fuse/fuel ideas.. >>

    I agree! Me too!.....Now that I'm going to be taeching middle school for the
    first time, I figure I'll use sketchbooks for them to learn and make examples
    of the elements of art, kind of like a study guide, and also use for
    sketching for project preparation and HW, etc.

    Holly :0)

    ---