soda box shelving......

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer.us)
Date: Thu May 25 2000 - 19:33:57 PDT

    from: Bunki Kramer (bkramer.us)
    Los Cerros Middle School
    968 Blemer Road
    Danville, CA 94526
    ************************
    >From: MarshArt
    >To: "ArtsEdNet Talk" <artsednet>
    >Subject: Classroom organization question
    >Date: Thu, May 25, 2000, 4:38 PM

    >.... I need a solution. I am one of these slightly "anal" organized people
    because > clutter confuses me and I get lost in it. I think it was Bunki
    who had an > idea of using soda cartons as trays, for student's supplies.
    Explain in
    > detail, Bunk. Question: Where are these stacked? I would have to do the
    > carpentry myself ( I have no great gifting in this) so I need an easy
    > Marsh
    ************************

    Hey, Marsh. I took everything out of my cabinets in my room.....I do have a
    very small storage room off my classroom...and put everything there...and in
    other nooks, crannies. I bought big black plastic units to hide things in
    for around the room. Doesn't look so cluttered. For the cabinets I make very
    thin shelves (I'm pinching my fingers together now)...umm...about 4 inches
    apart. Just big enough to lay a soda box flat in. I can get about 40-45
    separate "cubbies" in each cabinet with room to spare in each cabinet. Every
    student in my 6 classes has their own cubby and it makes it great for both
    of us...when the kids are absent, I can get their work to grade or if
    they're absent, I can return work the same way. The first project of the
    rotation/or year is name tags for their boxes. Such a time-saver.

    If I didn't have ready-made shelves, I would STILL make some sorta shelving
    unit...like the concrete blks. someone mentioned earlier...with really thin
    spaces and do the same soda box thing. It has made doing things so much
    easier for me. Toodles....Bunk

    ---