Re: artsednet digest: May 20, 2000 shoes, standards

From: SANDRA ROWLAND (serowland)
Date: Thu May 25 2000 - 19:34:36 PDT

    maryannkohl wrote:
    I've been in some highschools lately
    > where the teachers are acting like kids, and the standard they are
    > setting is one of lowering themselves to kid level instead of raising the
    > kids to a higher level.
    > MaryAnn

    I agree that we must have standards that set us apart from the students.
    I, too, have witnessed teachers act like the kids, conversing in their
    language or better said slang, dress like them, and in general act like
    them. These teachers seem to have the most discipline problems. The
    teacher is the teacher and not the student. They are different and need
    to face it! After all you wouldn't go out with them on a Friday night
    would you? Set the standard and the rules early and problems will be
    few.

    Sandra in AL

    ---