team teaching--creative writing/ making books--suggestions?

From: Patricia Knott (pknott)
Date: Thu May 25 2000 - 17:33:13 PDT

    > The English teacher in my building and I are going to be working together in
    > the fall, teaching a new elective class to eighth grade students. She will
    > be teaching creative writing and I will be teaching them how to make
    > different types of books. Their writing products will be turned into book
    > form.
    >
    > I already have ideas about certain types of writing and what book structures
    > would enhance it, but I welcome all suggestions from the people on this list.

    This sounds like a great collaboration. I envy your opportunity. There are
    lots of books on the market, but my favorite is:
    Structure of the Visual Book By Keith A. Smith
    It was first published in 1984 and recently released as a third edition.

    The ideas are sophisticated but adaptable. It is very comprehensive and
    goes beyond just the physical structure of the book. It includes
    interesting ideas about use of the words with the images.

    I got it at Border's.

    Structure of the Visual Book By Keith A. Smith
    Book 95, Third Edition,

    published and distributed by keith a smith BOOKS
    22 Gayuga Street
    Rochester, NY 14620-2153

    Telephone or FAX 716-473-6776
    e-mail ksbooks