Classroom organization question

From: MarshArt
Date: Thu May 25 2000 - 16:38:22 PDT

    As you have read, I am inheriting a SMALL room that will be home to about 21
    students per class. The HS kids keep their required art supplies in the
    artroom, in plastic shoeboxes, sweater boxes, etc (whatever they can come up
    with). One kid even brought in a big, flip top storage bin. Due to lack of
    space, they put these boxes everywhere they can find space, even in the
    supply cabinets. The room is a maze of clutter everywhere that only makes
    sense to the present teacher. There is a 9 foot base cabinet and wall cabinet
     by the two sinks. The rest of the room is portable open shelves or metal
    cabinets. Remember, this is a hummock room.

    I need a solution. I am one of these slightly "anal" organized people because
     clutter confuses me and I get lost in it. I think it was Bunki who had an
    idea of using soda cartons as trays, for student's supplies. Explain in
    detail, Bunk. Question: Where are these stacked? I would have to do the
    carpentry myself ( I have no great gifting in this) so I need an easy
    solution. I need room for about 40 student's art materials.

    Marsh

    ---