Re: Principals <LYR3839-14438-2000.05.22-16.47.52--fmaiu+#pitt.edu>

From: Fran Marze (fmaiu+@pitt.edu)
Date: Thu May 25 2000 - 13:30:33 PDT

    This past week was a very supportive week as far as recognition for our
    art program. We have had all the principals make comments about the
    quality of the work to one of us. (there are 5 art teachers in our high
    school)Last night was SEnior Awards Night and a group of seniors displayed
    their work in the all senior show. Each student had his own area --at
    least two 4 x 5 ft panels for display plus table area if necessary for 3D.
    We also had the students write an artist bio sheet with a digital
    picture of the student working on a piece of art. We had lot s of
    compliments about that from other teachers. Our head principal said he was
    avery impressed; Also the superintendent of schools was complimentary. We
    arranged this in the auditorium lobby. It is still there tonight for the
    spring choral concert.

    at the senior awards night we also recognized our national scholastic
    winner, regional winners and art honor society members. So I think the
    support is getting better. ALso we were on an initiative a few years back
    to replace aging equipment. The only problem now as far as equipment is
    the age of the 6 computers in the art room and printing problems.

    Also, another thing that triggered this attitude was that the art honor
    society students and art teachers joined in with this spirit decorating
    plan and really fixed the hallway outside of our rooms and the vice
    principal in charge of student council etc. was very happy about that.

    Fran

    ---