team teaching--creative writing/ making books--suggestions?

Date: Thu May 25 2000 - 05:22:07 PDT

    The English teacher in my building and I are going to be working together in
    the fall, teaching a new elective class to eighth grade students. She will
    be teaching creative writing and I will be teaching them how to make
    different types of books. Their writing products will be turned into book

    I already have ideas about certain types of writing and what book structures
    would enhance it, but I welcome all suggestions from the people on this list.
     I would also like to hear from anyone who has had a similar class taught in
    his/her building.

    The principal said that we need not limit ourselves to making books, which
    would really make the possibilities endless.

    Thanks for any suggestions!