Re: Pack-ratting

From: Dennis Morris (theartboss)
Date: Thu May 25 2000 - 04:08:40 PDT

    How many cars/vans become second art rooms/store
    rooms?
    For the past 19 years ( that's how long I've been at
    more than one school ) my poor vehicles became a
    second store room. In the 16 years prior ( when I
    taught at one school ) my car/van became a traveling
    file cabinet. Maybe this happens to teachers in other
    disciplines but I think we art educators are the
    number one users. Do you think we could make a small
    adjustment on taxes to cover office depreciation? (
    Or better yet, send our school districts a bill for
    rentof storage spaces? Well, my poor van is suddenly
    going to feel unwanted since I'm making a career
    change.
    Perhaps another art educator would like to rent some
    storage space. Ahh the joys of teaching.

    Dennis Morris
    Soon to be RETIRED Art Teacher