Re: more on new school

From: Judie (judiej50)
Date: Thu May 25 2000 - 02:48:25 PDT

    Betty, that blue is probably "gossamer" used for proms, dances, etc. I
    have some (white) I've recycled for years. I think I ordered it from a
    place called Stoups or something like that. It's been posted on this list
    before. My favorite use is to dress up any high school students (extra
    credit bribes work well) I can get to volunteer as "mimes" at our annual
    Spring Fling Arts Festival. They paint their faces white, drape themselves
    in this stuff and stroll through the crowds--sometimes holding a wand and
    casting magic spells!!! Sometimes I place them on stools and drape the
    stuff to the ground, so they look like they are about 10 feet tall. Then
    they stand motionless until
    someone walks by and trys to break their pose. Great Fun!

    Judie

    >While I was there, the teacher was folding up yards and yards of this
    >gorgeous deep purple stuff - a material like dryer sheets, and handfuls of
    >cardboard holographic stars. He said it was from the school "social". I
    >asked if they re-used it and he said no, they just stuff it in the boiler
    >room and it gets too messed up to re-use! I was amazed. Now I keep thinking
    >about what I could do with it (Mardis Gras!!)
    >
    >Betty

    ---