Re: MASKS!-- how to glue onto plaster wrap masks?

From: Judie (judiej50)
Date: Thu May 25 2000 - 02:26:56 PDT

    How about ModgePodge? Don't know if it will stick to plaster, but of late
    my students have been doing a lot of collages and have "Modged" just about
    everything together. For handles in the past I have used a dowel rod glued
    on one side (heavily glued with hot glue) and decorated with ribbons and
    hanging
    dangles and spangles! You also could use a hole punch and punch holes in each
    side and attach ribbons, yarn, raffia, etc. and tie in the back.

    Hope these suggestions help.

    Judie

    Hi everyone
    >There has been a lot of great info out there on mask-making and I have
    >embarked on the journey with my 8th graders. Anyone know good ways to attach
    >paper, fabric, fibers, strings etc onto plaster masks?
    >Glue guns don't seem to work. I'm thinking about how to DECORATE them and
    >also how to display them-i.e. how to put on strong handles and/or strings.
    >Would love any stories/suggestions/helpful hints. THANK YOU!!! in advance!
    >~Eliza in Boston
    >
    >---

    ---