Re: Pack-ratting/ teacher friends

From: Holly112
Date: Wed May 24 2000 - 21:54:02 PDT

    In a message dated 05/24/2000 9:18:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
    Gail1611 writes:

    << Now here's another thing. I'm loosing (they are leaving) 4 of my favorite
     teacher friends( I'm in private school) and it's always so hard to start
    over
     with new people. I've been doing it for 14 years. Got any suggestions? Gail

    Dear Gail,

    I'm leaving 4 of my favorite teacher friends BECAUSE I work in a private
    school! I can't afford to stay! (They had me teaching 23 classes in 3 1/2
    days!...Now I'll be teaching 25 in a full week and getting more than double
    the pay! plus I'll be in the retirement system! and I"ll have a sink, tons of
    storage, WINDOWS (LOL), an air conditioner and foundation funding for the
    arts!) I'm taking an opportunity to move on in a NYC public middle school.
    I'm sad too: I'm leaving some great people and really easy students! But I'm
    hoping to make a difference where I'm going... Life is a journey and I'm on
    my way!
     Ask your departing friends to let you know of any art openings in their new
    schools; or just keep being a mentor to the new people who come to your
    school. I certainly appreciated the gym teacher, who has been in the school
    13 years, and guided me and explained things when I knew no one! I still see
    former colleagues once a month for dinner out, cause we knew we'd miss each
    other. We make it our business to set a date each month! just do it! It'll
    be fun!

    Holly :0)

    ---