Re: art exam

From: J Baas (wjbaas)
Date: Wed May 24 2000 - 19:26:45 PDT

    Christa Wise wrote:

    > At 08:18 PM 5/23/00 -0600, you wrote:
    > >A while back there was a thread on art finals...
    >
    > I do this with seniors who take their exams earlier than the rest of the
    > students. I have reproduced a spinner from page 126 of Roukes, Art
    > Synectics, which has 100 words. Each student spins for three words and
    > must create a composition referencing the three concepts. They seem to
    > enjoy the element of chance and the novelty o"spinning." Once the drawing
    > is completed, I ask for a type III writing that explains what the image is
    > about and how each of the three words was used

    Christa et all,
    This sounds really neat. Awhile back I did something similar with foundations
    students except I clipped titles that were funny from the Star or some
    tabloid from the grocery store. I know the titles weren't anything like what
    you'd find in them now. The kids had to create a piece of art work in 2 hours
    that displayed that theme. it was a riot. There was lots of laughing aqnd the
    kids really enjoyed it. Some really creative stuff ensued too.