RE: Texas Teachers/Museums Teacher Guides and TEKS

From: Debbie Nicholas (deeknik)
Date: Wed May 24 2000 - 15:40:09 PDT

    --- Kimberly Herbert <kimberly> wrote:
    > What is TEKStar software and where is it available.

    TEKStar software for creating lesson plans. It was
    developed by John F. Christensen
    (cdesign)and is distributed through the
    regional Education Service Centers. Several regions
    have financially funded the endeavor. The software
    contains lesson plans for all grade levels written by
    "core" teachers around the state. A teacher can also
    add personal lesson plans. Once entered in the
    software most teachers just go back the next year and
    change dates to have have up-to-date lesson plans.
    There are calendars and you can make information
    public or private. Ours are public so the principal
    can access our lesson plans. The software tracks the
    use of TEKS, TAAS objectives and Student Expectations.
     It also allows for showing cross-curricular
    teachings. In essence once your lessons are entered
    your life is much easier, SUPPOSEDLY. Our service
    center did not offer this so we are using the system
    through an adjacent center. There have been very few
    problems once the teachers have gotten used to the
    software, my job was to teach the software and check
    to make sure each teacher understood what to do.

    =====
    Debbie
    NE Texas