art prints

From: Betty Bowen (bbowen.ok.us)
Date: Wed May 24 2000 - 13:51:45 PDT

    I've spent hours now looking on the www for a source of classroom-useable
    (meaning not $100 each) art prints of non-postcard-size of contemporary
    artists. Besides Keith Haring and..the Tar Beach artist whose name suddenly
    vanished from mind, but whose classroom prints seem to be a whole industry
    in themselves. I'm talking about other people like Jennifer Bartlett and
    Alice Aycock and Puryear and Goldsworthy and Whiteread and Scully and
    Chihuly and Wegman just for a few examples.

    I emailed a gallery in Santa Fe asking if they had old exhibition posters or
    postcards to sell. I'll let you know if I hear anything.

    Betty
    PS - the out of date Crayola Wet Set worked ok, unpleasant to handle, but it
    hardened. I put it in the water at 9 last night, thus condemning myself to
    wake up every hour to look at the clock. I made a large whistle, and took
    it out of the water while half asleep. When I was leaving for work I tried
    blowing in it, forgetting it was full of slimy wet-set water and gave myself
    a face-full of it. Charming way to start the day.

    ---