crayon contamination

From: L. P. Skeen (lpskeen@living-tree.net)
Date: Wed May 24 2000 - 13:19:04 PDT

    Anyone heard about this? I saw it on another list....

    Report: Asbestos Found in Crayons .c The Associated Press SEATTLE (AP) - A newspaper reported Tuesday that two labs found asbestos in crayons, sending public-health and art-industry officials scrambling to allay concerns about possible health risks. A government agency said it would conduct its own testing. The Seattle Post-Intelligencer reported that two government-certified labs found asbestos in crayons made by Crayola, Prang and Rose Art. Of 40 crayons that were tested from the three major brands, 32 were contaminated above trace levels, the newspaper said.

    ---