Re: Crayons and Asbestos

From: Rdunkelart
Date: Wed May 24 2000 - 11:44:05 PDT

    In a message dated 5/24/00 9:13:55 AM Central Daylight Time,
    mwhiteaz writes:

    << In the classroom, I would not panic, but err on the side of caution. Any
     asbestos particles are probably bound up in the wax of the crayons pretty
     well, but you should of course keep the crayons out of their mouths--they're
     petroleum-based, anyway, and that's probably as bad--and dump out the small
     particles that collect. >>

    Maggie - maybe Prang soybean crayons are edible? not that I'd encourage my
    kinders or others to chew on them. Did the report you heard include Prang
    soybean? Roberta (they're great when you need heavy waxy crayon for resist)

    ---