Re: Crayola and Asbestos

From: Soosrogers
Date: Wed May 24 2000 - 10:06:15 PDT

    Dear Clark,

    In our local paper, they reported the following

    "...two government-certified labs found asbestos in crayons, sending
    public-health and art industry officials scrambling to allay concerns about
    about possible health risks. The newspaper reported that the labs found
    asbestos in cryaons made by Crayola, Prang, and ROse Art. Of 40 crayons that
    were tested from the three major brands, 32 were contaminated above trace
    levels...There are no known reports on anyone getting sick from using or
    making crayons."

    I am sure this will be all over the news tonight.

    Soos

    ---