Re: glazes for elementary school

From: Soosrogers
Date: Wed May 24 2000 - 09:10:53 PDT

    Hi Larry,

    You ask a very good question. You can use acrylic stains on the bisque and
    then spray a gloss type spray on the students work and get the same result.
    One of the benefits of using the Fun Stroke type product I mentioned earlier
    with a clear glaze (which is then fired), is that the students piece is more
    durable. This may not be as important if the students work is a fiqurine,
    but when they are doing bowls, plates, mugs or other potential dinnerware
    items, you need the durability of the fired clear glaze versus the spray of a
    clear gloss.

    But once again, in the interest of using products you already have, acrylics
    would work very well.:) Underglaze products for bisque are just a new
    product that the students might have fun using. I hope this information is
    helpful:)

    Soos

    ---