Re: art exam

From: Christa Wise (cwise.us)
Date: Wed May 24 2000 - 05:26:08 PDT

    At 08:18 PM 5/23/00 -0600, you wrote:
    >A while back there was a thread on art finals...

    I do this with seniors who take their exams earlier than the rest of the
    students. I have reproduced a spinner from page 126 of Roukes, Art
    Synectics, which has 100 words. Each student spins for three words and
    must create a composition referencing the three concepts. They seem to
    enjoy the element of chance and the novelty o"spinning." Once the drawing
    is completed, I ask for a type III writing that explains what the image is
    about and how each of the three words was used.

    Everyone has his or her own assignment. The words can be given ahead of
    time. As I left the room for a moment yesterday, I facetiously said, "Be
    good...Don't cheat!"
    Christa

    ---