Re: Pack-ratting and nightmares

From: Rdunkelart
Date: Tue May 23 2000 - 20:00:48 PDT

    The latest mailings on packratting and the dreams some art teachers are having
    are going to increase my own nightmares. Sometimes its about the kids and
    sometimes its' about the administration. My principal told me I needed to
    improve
    my patience with the younger children. He said he's heard me as he passed in
    the
    hall. This really puzzles me as that is the group that I am most patient
    with. It is the fourth grade boys that make me lose it (old post). Have
    been mulling this
    comment about my patience over and often during the night I thought about it.
    Then I think I figured it out - when second grade is leaving and being picked
    up
    late first grade is arriving on time. I can;t put second grade in the hall
    (due to highschool presence) so I have first grade come in and now have two
    classes. I tell
    the second grade that their turn is up and that they have to be absolutely
    quiet
    while I start the first grade art class. Sometimes second grade forgets and
    makes
    alot of noise and I begin to raise my voice. I feel the principal heard me
    one of these
    many times. I did talk to him about having double classes in my room but he
    seemed unconcerned - he did talk to classroom teachers but because they teach
    real classes he didn;t try to enforce it and of course the teachers didn;t
    take it seriouslyl Ah well he is leaving and maybe I can train the next
    principal to love
    art and take me and my subject seriously. Sweet dreams everyone. Roberta

    ---