Re: money for travel

From: brenda jones (oxydol)
Date: Tue May 23 2000 - 19:22:14 PDT

    I appreciate all of the comments on foreign travel. I am taking, as mentioned
    in an earlier post, a number of students to Italy next spring break. For their
    spending money, we are planning to buy garage sale chairs this summer, fix
    them up and paint them with "Renaissance" paintings and sell them at Christmas
    time. (The focus of our trip will be on Renaissance) So, I will be asking them
    to do a little research regarding the painting that they will be doing on the
    chairs.
    I read the post about the "Toxic cafe" for fundraising. Sounds good too,
    except our drama dept. already does something like that. Any other good ideas?
    I have no intention of becoming fund raising queen. I already know that is one
    of the things I don't do well. But, I don't mind doing something that can tie
    back into a lesson that goes on in class. Thanks in advance.

    ---