RE: Texas Teachers/Museums Teacher Guides and TEKS

From: Kimberly Herbert (kimberly)
Date: Tue May 23 2000 - 17:21:54 PDT

    The problem I have is that we need a 1-page front and back this is our
    current exhibit item (flyer or brochure) to send out to teachers informing
    them of the exhibits every time we change. I cover 7 grades K-6, three
    exhibits a year: and the Fine arts covers 9 grades 3-12, 3 galleries
    changing 3-5 times a year. What do you all think of this idea? A broad
    brochure describing the exhibit, some broad art objectives (covered in
    several grades), and some cross curricular themes goes out to all teachers
    in the 15 counties/44 school districts we serve. Then when they book a tour
    teachers get an overall guide with a grade level specific sheet listing the
    TEKS we will cover during their visit. I have, four example, 4 Kindergarten
    Art TEKS for our next exhibit, plus probably 1 or 2 LA, 1 science, and maybe
    1 social studies. I expect to have more for the upper grades. Those would be
    written out. That part is easy because I have them saved on my computer from
    TEA's web site.

    Kimberly Herbert (kimberly)
    CAM Administrator