Texas Teachers/Museums Teacher Guides and TEKS

From: Kimberly Herbert (kimberly)
Date: Tue May 23 2000 - 12:46:19 PDT

    We are going to start including TEKS in our teacher guides. But what do we
    need to include just the number or do we need the text also?
    117.17. Art, Grade 5 (b) (5.1) (A) or

    117.17. Art, Grade 5 (b) (5.1) Perception. The student develops and
    organizes ideas from the environment (A) communicate ideas about feelings,
    self, family, school, and community, using sensory knowledge and life
    experiences; and

    We are trying to save space so I would like to go with just the numbers if
    possible and make the rest clear with our stated objectives. How much of
    this is actually used by the teachers to plan, or is it something to show
    the administration in justifying the trip.

    Kimberly Herbert (kimberly)
    CAM Administrator