more on new school

From: Betty Bowen (bbowen.ok.us)
Date: Tue May 23 2000 - 10:15:45 PDT

    As the retiring (again) teacher and I were going through stuff, I noticed
    several other teachers coming in and returning things they'd borrowed. After
    the stories I've read on this list, I thought that was a good sign. He keeps
    a special drawer in the desk for the frequently-borrowed items, so he won't
    have to unlock the precious art storage during class so often.

    Really, I was impressed with the supplies. My mom (retired teacher) came by
    and she was also astonished. I mentioned this to an aide who came by (old
    high school classmate of mine) and she said to go ahead and make a big order
    anyway, since there was no guarantee I'd get it next year. Good advice, I'm
    sure.

    While I was there, the teacher was folding up yards and yards of this
    gorgeous deep purple stuff - a material like dryer sheets, and handfuls of
    cardboard holographic stars. He said it was from the school "social". I
    asked if they re-used it and he said no, they just stuff it in the boiler
    room and it gets too messed up to re-use! I was amazed. Now I keep thinking
    about what I could do with it (Mardis Gras!!)

    Betty

    ---