foreign travel tips/ISIC website

From: PGStephens
Date: Tue May 23 2000 - 09:24:33 PDT

    Here is a website that explains the ISIC for students and teachers who are
    traveling. It will give you an overview of what the card provides and a list
    of where to purchase the cards. Like a passport, you will need to provide a
    small color photo for the card. Student cards are $20 and teacher cards are
    $25.

    http://www.counciltravel.com/idcards/isic.asp

    Another tip for traveling ...
    I always travel on the trains in Europe. This is a great way to see the
    country and get to know people. One icebreaker for meeting and chatting with
    fellow train travelers is to carry postcards from home. Being from Texas, I
    have an assortment of goofy postcards with images such as jackalopes and
    cowboys riding armadillos. Of course I also have postcards that show images
    of real sites, too. If you carry duplicates, you can always give a postcard
    away to a new friend. On one train journey from Munich to Vienna, I was
    lucky enough to sit with a German lady and her two small children who read to
    me from their children's book after I shared my postcards with them. I also
    was able to hone a few German phrases before arriving in Vienna. And, the
    German kids were saying "ya'll." Now that's a cultural exchange!

    Pam
    http://www.ARTeaches.com

    ---