Re: I need websites with proof that art more than once a week is beneficial to students!!!

From: Sarah Lohrius (lohrius)
Date: Tue May 23 2000 - 07:58:10 PDT

    I'm not sure what's been mentioned already, but Champions of Change,
    http://artsedge.kennedy-center.org/champions/pdfs/ChampsReport.pdf, is
    a great resource, as is Gaining the Arts Advantage,
    http://www.pcah.gov/gaa/ .

    You might also be able to find some articles on the Center for Arts in
    the Basic Curriculum Web site. http://www.newhorizons.org/ofc_cabc.html

    Hope this helps.

    ---
    I'm pulling out my bigs guns on this one. PE is trying to get my
    principal
    to hire another PE teacher instead of an art teacher. (We have 2 PE, 2
    music and 1 1/2 art on our campus of 700 students). I need proof that
    art
    is just as valuable to the curriculum as PE. They have come up with all
    sorts of articles and websites to show many hours a week the children
    need
    PE. So, I need to find proof that the children need more than 50 minutes
    of
    art once per week. The more websites I can find the better. I have dug
    around on here and the NAEA website and haven't found much. Anything at
    this point would help!!!

    THANKS! Melissa

    -- Sarah B. Lohrius Program Officer, Education New York Foundation for the Arts Phone: (212) 366-6900 x281 Fax: (212) 366-1778 E-mail: lohrius

    ***Explore NYFA's new website at http://www.nyfa.org ***

    ---