Re: I need websites with proof that art more than once a week is beneficial to students!!!

From: Sarah Lohrius (lohrius)
Date: Tue May 23 2000 - 07:58:10 PDT

    I'm not sure what's been mentioned already, but Champions of Change,, is
    a great resource, as is Gaining the Arts Advantage, .

    You might also be able to find some articles on the Center for Arts in
    the Basic Curriculum Web site.

    Hope this helps.

    I'm pulling out my bigs guns on this one. PE is trying to get my
    to hire another PE teacher instead of an art teacher. (We have 2 PE, 2
    music and 1 1/2 art on our campus of 700 students). I need proof that
    is just as valuable to the curriculum as PE. They have come up with all
    sorts of articles and websites to show many hours a week the children
    PE. So, I need to find proof that the children need more than 50 minutes
    art once per week. The more websites I can find the better. I have dug
    around on here and the NAEA website and haven't found much. Anything at
    this point would help!!!

    THANKS! Melissa

    -- Sarah B. Lohrius Program Officer, Education New York Foundation for the Arts Phone: (212) 366-6900 x281 Fax: (212) 366-1778 E-mail: lohrius

    ***Explore NYFA's new website at ***