RE: glazes for elementary school

From: Sears, Ellen (
Date: Tue May 23 2000 - 07:17:44 PDT

    I have switched to underglazes too - I started using them with our slab
    projects (house portraits, cylinder vases, fish bowls etc - ) we make a lot
    of impressions in the clay and the underglazes aren't too overpowering.
    I did switch to a 'dipping' glaze for the clear instead of a 'brushing'
    clear. Brushing streaked the underglazes.