Re: Help! Seasoned travelers

From: laurel@pure-guava.org.nz
Date: Tue May 23 2000 - 03:40:27 PDT

    > What about this discount card? If I call information what exactly do I ask
    > for? The "International Teacher Discount Card" number?

    www.counciltravel.com/idcards/itic.asp
    www.sta-travel.com under "get the goods"

     tells a little bit more about it. its called the
    international teacher card. both STA and Council cater to mainly student
    travel, but also to teachers and under 26 year olds. ive used both of them
    many many times as im an avid traveller, and found both to be extremely
    helpful and patient with all my questions, timely with tickets, and just
    all around nice people. i know STA has offices all over the world, that
    you can book from.

     the card costs 20$US, but well worth the investment, especially if
    you travel a lot. its also good for booking domestic flights. i do my
    research before booking anything, but every time, i have found STA or
    Council to have the cheapest flights. this is one of those added perks to
    being a teacher!

    you can also tell your students that about these companies, as they can
    get a "go 25" card that entitles them to the same discounts if theyre not
    students as well... so if they dont plan on going to university and just
    want to travel etc.

    sorry i didnt put these up earlier, and for the confusion. if you need
    more help, you can can call either agency. im not sure their numbers, but
    im sure theyre on the sites. hope these help! spread the word!

    -L

    laurel in new zealand: the eternal search for ketchup.

    ---