Re: Mural painting on wallboard

From: Artemis420
Date: Mon May 22 2000 - 22:23:30 PDT

    In a message dated 5/22/00 9:42:25 PM Pacific Daylight Time, Holly112

    << have been asked to do a mural for my parent's church. It is to be
      done on a wallboard that currently has no texturing. It has been
      sealed and painted (latex).
      What I am wondering is what kind of paint would be best to use on
      such a surface and how I should prepare the surface. I will be
      painting several portraits in the image. Any advice would be
      appreciated. >>
     We used plain white latex primer and Benjamin Moore latex interior paint!
     Holly :0) >>
    For a really nice smooth and 'toothy' texture with no shadows, give it 3 or 4
    coats of gesso, sanding between coats.