Re: Mural painting on wallboard

From: sharonbk
Date: Mon May 22 2000 - 20:08:23 PDT

    A couple of years ago I did a large, commissioned mural on a piece of
    plywood that I first primed with latex paint. I used a combination of
    artist's acrylic paint and exterior latex house paint (as the original plan
    was for it to be outside).

    So far it seems to be doing okay (inside) and nothing has faded (even though
    it receives some direct sunlight through a window).

    When you say wallboard, do you mean sheetrock? I'd think, if primed first,
    like you say, acrylic and latex should do okay.

    Sharon
    Featuring art and art lesson plans, genealogy
    resources, information about contra dancing
    and Celtic music--and more!
    EMAIL: artrageous
    AIM: SKBK56, ArtrageousSBK, & others

    ---